Every other week, Anthony Kozlowski pens the Atwood Magazine column Tunes & Tumblers, pairing new and classic albums with cocktail recipes. He quickly found however that drinking alone is a sad business. So he invited his friends into a recording booth to aid in mixing delicious drinks and to discuss the music that they all love. Strap on your headphones and enjoy a cold one on us.
Overnight sonic extraordinaire Stacey Ryan joins us in the studio this week to sip on something that’s sweet as love and sour as heartbreak as we talk TikTok, situationships, and her newest single, “Over Tonight.”
🎶 🥃 🎶 🥃
words by Lilly Eason
We’re back, back, back again baby!
And what a way to start 2023, than sitting down with Quebec’s own Stacey Ryan. Since well before her meteoric TikTok virality, Ryan’s sticky-sweet soul pop has told tales of unaligned love. Tonight at the bar, Ryan and the regulars sip on a sweet and sour concoction imbued with her newest single, “Over Tonight,” now streaming. Spoiler alert for: Tales of tricky situationships, green onion obsessions, and trigger warning for: Mention of Shia Labeouf.
Check out our newest episode of Tunes & Tumblers on Spotify and Apple Podcasts. Cheers!
Wanna drink with us? Then you’ve gotta do it responsibly. Here’s Kaitlyn’s recipe for “Love Life Story”!
Love Life Story
- 1 oz Gin
- Zest of 1/2 Lime
- .75 oz Lime Juice
- .25 oz Simple Syrup
- Blue Raspberry and Green Apple Jolly Ranchers
- 1 oz Freeze Dried Banana
- 1 oz Freeze Dried Strawberries
- Cherry Fun Dip Powder
- Blue Razz Pop Rocks
- Shake gin, lime zest, lime juice, and simple syrup with ice
- Pour into lowball glass and freeze at an angle
- Blend freeze dried fruits separately until fine powder
- Remove glass from freezer and add round Jolly Rancher:
- Set oven to 300°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and use baking spray to coat round metal cookie cutter
- Place cookie cutter on parchment paper and arrange 3-4 Jolly Ranchers inside
- Bake until candies have completely melted allow to cool before releasing candy
- Alternate layers of fruit powders, cherry candy, and pop rocks on the Jolly Rancher round until remainder of glass is full
- Grab an edible dip-stick and enjoy the story!
Have your own idea for a Tunes & Tumblers pairing? Let us know in the comments, or hit us up on Twitter.
Connect to Tunes & Tumblers on
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Connect to Stacey Ryan on
TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Discover new music on Atwood Magazine
© Kaylyn Wiggenhauser design by Kaylyn Wiggenhauser